🏅 Change Failure Rate 🏅
Change failure rate is a measure of the quality of the release process. It's one of Haystack's North Star Metrics.
We updated the metric calculation from # of Hotfixes to # of Hotfixes / # of Deployments.
Not only can you see the percentage rate, you can also see if you are moving in the right direction.
Additionally, we have added silver and gold badges for Change Failure Rate. According to State of DevOps 2019 reports🏅 elite teams🏅 have change failure rate less than 15%.
Haystack now allows you to see where you fit. Check your results at Deployments page!
📬 Deployment & Change Failure in your Inbox and Slack 📬
Keeping up with your team is important. Now you can get Deployment Frequency and Change Failure Rate updates right to your inbox!
📦 New Draft Pull Requests Calculation 📦
We used to calculate Review Time from Pull Request open date. Quite a few of you requested to count draft pull requests as Development Time and that's exactly what we did!
If you are using draft pull requests, we calculate it inside Development Time until the the pull request is marked as Ready To Review. Learn more on our Knowledge Base.
🏎 300% Faster Dashboard Speed 🏎
We have heard you and made improvements on our data analysis performance. The dashboard should load 300% faster.
We want you to explore Haystack insights and make data backed decisions. We'll continue to work hard to improve your dashboard experience.
🕷 Bug Fixes 🕷
- Fixed bug when clicking charts on Cycle Time would sometimes show empty.
- Fixed bug when charts would sometimes show empty.
- Fixed issues with resizing screen.
- Fixed when filters not persisting in deployment frequency page.
- Fixed yAxis in graphs showing more precision.
💡 Improvements 💡
- Add ability to disable user accounts.
- Add better description, links to helpcenter and details links to graphs.
- Update pull request table to show first commit date rather than pull request created at date allowing to easily debug the selected period.
- Update pull request table to show only prs which were closed or merged during the period selected rather showing all prs active.
- Add Deployment Frequency and Change Failure Rate to weekly emails.
⏰ In Case you missed it ⏰
- 🎉 A New Year! 🎉 - Haystack got into Y Combinator
- 📈 Yearly Report 📈 - 2020 Performance Report on Northstar Metrics
- 📘 Leading vs Lagging Metrics eBook 📘 - We have wrote a new ebook explaining how we think of metrics, and how we recommend you to think as well.
- 📰 Product Page - Keep up to date with feature releases here!