⚠️ Change Failure Rate ⚠️
Change Failure Rate is now available!
Change Failure Rate - Measures of how often changes to production require immediate remedy. To put it simply, hotfix deployments.
This is a North Star Metric typically used to signal quality. Elite teams typically show Change Failure Rates of less than 15%. The goal is to keep Change Failure Rate consistently low while increasing Deployment Frequency.
Want to learn more about change failure rate? Check out the research
Note: This is the initial version (v1.0) of change failure rate. We pride ourselves on delivering quickly and iterating to perfection so we'll be supporting more configurations as we learn more about what users need.
For now, here's how you can identify your hotfix deployments:
- Pull Requests containing a title (e.g. 'release-v*')
- Pull Requests containing a label (e.g. 'deployment')
⚖️ Speed vs. Quality ⚖️
Support for Deployment Frequency and Change Failure Rate give you a quick report to deep dive into speed and quality.
Dive deep into deployments, hotfixes and average time to recover from an unsuccessful deployment.
⚙️ Deployment Frequency: Flexible Configurations ⚙️
Each team may have a different deployment process. No worries!
You can now select deployment settings for each repository, allowing you to fine-grain your process.
🚀 Deployment Frequency: Git Release Support 🚀
After our initial v1.0 launch, we got some awesome feedback.
After several dozen chats, analyzing hundreds of orgs, and compiling best practices - we recommend most teams to use Git Tags as their main deployment source.
Note: Git Tag are supported by CI tools, deployment automation tools, and manual deployments. This wide set of tooling around Git Tags allows organizations to have a standardized method of tracking deployments for different teams with different processes.
For more information check our Configure Deployments help page.
If you need help on tracking deployments for different teams, email firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll be happy to guide you through this process.
🕷 Bug Fixes 🕷
- Fixed multi-render on deployments page
- Fixed bug preventing deployment settings for 1k+ repositories
- Fixed member filtering causing page errors
- Fixed force log out for non-admin users
💡 Improvements 💡
- Increase default table sizes in each setting page making it more intuitive to use
- Increase server size allowing us to support larger organizations with more data to be calculated.
- Add toggle to Deployments Settings page allowing to clear repositories
- Update a few tooltips making it easier to read.
- Change Daily Email notifications to have better paddings
⏰ In Case you missed it ⏰
- 🚀 Deployment Frequency (v1.0) 🚀 - Knowing your deployment frequency helps understand the rate at which you're delivering value to customers. With the best teams deploying on a daily basis, this is a key North Star Metric to help keep your team on track and delivering.
- 🆕 Deployment Frequency Report 🆕 - Dive deep into deployment frequency to see core trends, how often your team ships, pull requests are awaiting deployment, and how long it's been since the last deploy.
- 📰Product Page - Keep up to date with feature releases here!
Contact email@example.com to settings updates.