🦊 Gitlab and Bitbucket (Alpha) 🪣
Haystack primarily integrated with GitHub but, starting in 2022, Haystack will be supporting long-awaited integrations with Gitlab and Bitbucket.
You can use Haystack with multiple GitHub organizations, Bitbucket teams, or Gitlab groups. Additionally, you can mix and match these and Haystack will automatically calculate all parts of your engineering teams in a single UI!
Note: This feature is in alpha and is request-only. To get access please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
💤 Idle Pull Request Risk 💤
The goal is to reduce operational expense and reduce inventory while simultaneously increasing throughput.
― Eliyahu M. Goldratt, The Goal: A Process of Ongoing Improvement
Inventory is goods already produced by spent resources, but have not yet been sold. Pull Requests, not in the hands of customers, are the “inventory” of software products. Reducing inventory is key to faster delivery. To achieve this, we have added the Idle Pull Request risk setting in our notifications.
From the notifications page, you can enable the “Idle Pull Request” risk to be delivered to your email or Slack inbox.
👀 Preview Deployment Settings 👀
When you have hundreds of repositories and do not know how each repository’s code is deployed, things get confusing. With the new preview feature, you can directly see how many deployments/hotfixes there are!
Visit the Metric page to preview your deployments!
🛠 Inactive Members 🛠
Managing dozens of engineers across multiple teams is hard. To allow setting teams to be easier, we have added an “inactive” label to members who have not contributed to the codebase for 3 months.
Visit the Teams page to preview your inactive members.
⚠️ Finding Risky Pull Requests ⚠️
Finding potentially problematic Pull Requests should be straightforward. In Haystack, with only 2 clicks, you can find the risky work.
You can click on any graph to drill down and find the risky pull requests.
🔐 Security Tab 🔐
Security is not a product, but a process
In 2021, we’ve been heavily focusing on security. You can now use more than 12 new SSO providers and multi-factor authentication.
We encourage all users to use multi-factor authentication whilst using Haystack.
For inquiries, email us at email@example.com
💡 Improvements 💡
- Changed date range to be 3 months by default
- Added auto-scroll functionality when clicking graphs to see the drill-down tables
- Added a clear UI to show no data is present for charts
- Added risks to drill-down pull request tables
- Added “Too many cooks” risk
- Improved tooltips for North Star metrics
- Improved team member and account invite modals
- Improved account invite modal modal
🕷 Bug Fixes 🕷
- Fixed bug where a red error notification would be shown when newly logged in
- Fixed bug where trend lines go to negative
- Fixed bug where merged without review would not respect filters
- Fixed bug where risk tooltip was not correct
- Fixed bug where status was not showing released for some pull requests
⏰ In case you missed it ⏰
- 🧮 85th Percentile on Cycle Time 🧮
- ⚠️ Risk Limits ⚠️
- 👀 Preview Exclude Rules 👀
- ⭐️ Change Lead Time (Alpha) ⭐️
- ✈️ Single Sign-On (SSO) ✈️
Keep up to date with feature releases here!